Friday, October 31, 2008
I hope everyone had fun with their kids trick or treating! Darin stayed at home helping grandma pass out candy at my house. My mother passes candy over here because she lives on a one block neighborhood and barely gets any trick or treaters over there. I think she enjoys seeing the kiddo's dressed up and likes to pass the candy. In years past Frank and I would walk with our kids but now they are getting older and that's just not cool anymore. Like I said Darin stayed home, but Amber at the last minute decided that she really wanted to go with a couple of her girlfriends around the neighborhood. So she quickly put together a baby thing...I put her hair up in pig tails and drew on some little freckles and there, go get some CANDY!
I got a couple pics of her with her hair up...It's rare that she lets me do anything to it. I will post them when I feel up to it.
Still trying to get over being sick. It's more tolerable to work with now but still lingering. Frank says his is more in his chest. It's taking him longer because he is still secretly smoking.
I had to work tonight, but still got to see some really cute costumes. A 3 year old dressed like a boxer, a 8 year old dressed like Indiana Jones and a 13 year old dressed like little red riding hood, oh and I forgot a 10 month old dressed like a penguin, the most adorable thing I had seen!!!
I was hoping that I would have got home before it all ended to see some more cute costumes but it was a no go...lights were off and mom said it just stopped. I remember when i would go trick or treating it was from like 5:30 till at least 10:30pm. My legs and feet would be stinging so bad when we got home but it was worth it!
Does anyone have any memorable costumes or Halloween stories?
I have a few costumes that I remember being my favorite.
1. Mom made me and my sister into big flowers. we dressed in green and around our faces we had huge flowers.
2. I made it myself and it turned out really well. I made myself into the queen of hearts...I took some cardboard and copied a queen of hearts card, colored it and tied it onto my body. Made myself a crown and drew hearts with lipstick on my face and made myself a staff to carry. I got so many compliments it made me feel really good.
3. Some fun costumes were when we dressed like hobo's. We would wear some really old clothes of my fathers and stuff our butts with pillows and blacken our faces like we had beards.
Well these are the costumes with the fondest memories.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
April- 2 periods lasting about 8 days
July-3 periods lasting 5 to 7 days
August-1 lasting 8 days
September-1 lasting 8 to 9 days
This month she had 1 period but she was on it 13 days straight!!!
So this is why I took her just to see if there is anything that can explain why this poor girl is going thru so much.
My daughter says that her school had a mock election and her principal announced to the whole school that not 1 vote went to McCain! Not one teacher, not one student! That's pretty impressive that a whole middle school would not touch McCain with a ten foot poll!
Darin had his parent/teacher conferences and he had me thinking that he was in big trouble. The kid got mostly A's and B's...1 C+ and 1 D+ ...The D was in physical science and his teacher said that all he had to do was study a little bit more and he could be a C or B easy!
My worry was that he comes home with not one piece of homework. Turns out he is telling the truth and getting his work done and is turning it all in...but one teacher said that his grade would be much better if he turned in more quality work.
So to those teachers I told them that Darin was an honor student for a full year and I know that he can do better. Darin did not like me telling them that because he now knows that they know he can do it...yeh...I kinda put the pressure on Darin to do better.
Work is hopefully going to get better for me. I'm not holding my breath. My boss has been promising me that she will give me more hours with less days. In a 10 week schedule I had worked everyday but 6 of those days. It's starting to wear on me.
I hope Frank's work goes back to full time soon. Bills are mounting, I am trying really hard not to panic...But with Christmas around the corner and Amber's trip to Washington I just want to run and hide. Amber is trying so hard in school just to keep her grades up so that she will be able to go and I have to make it happen...Darin got to go so I have to find the way to save $675.00 before March. Darin loved the trip, he learned and saw things that I haven't even seen yet.
Anyhoo...The past couple days have really sucked. Frank and I are dealing with being sick! Pretty sure it's a horrible cold. Runny nose, congestion, muscles hurt, drained. Yucky!
Well I'm off to ZZZZZZZZ land.
Monday, October 13, 2008
After school I took Amber, Darin and myself to the hairdressers for some much needed haircuts! Amber of course got a trim, just to get the dead ends off and then later in the evening I colored her hair by myself...I spent $16.00 to dye it rather than another $80.00. And I think it looks just as good! GO ME! Better yet she says she likes it too!
Now in other news...He recieved an early Chrismas present from his grandparents...Because Mr. Handsome has grown up and decided that he wants to bond with his father and do that manly thing that they call hunting! Ewwww...So He got a nice 20 gauge/22 caliber rifle...Full of safety features...which eased my mind a tad. I hate the whole idea of hunting myself...but he did gut a deer with my next door neighbor while up north with him and he said that he enjoyed it. I just fear for his safety and others. But his dad assures me that he will only hunt safe.
I did stop to enjoy the beauty of the full moon we had tonight!!! These pictures just don't do it justice. My camera just did not capture what I was seeing...but it's pretty close.
Just amazing. The nice sunny day we had with the beautiful crisp night that we are having is just what the doctor ordered for me.
Hope you all had a Fabulous Weekend!
Thursday, October 09, 2008
This is more like 48 as I was answering there are a couple missing numbers...but oh well it was fun to do.
1. Do you like blue cheese? dressing yes, cheese no.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? I didn't even know that you smoked heroin, I thought you injected it..lol...the answer is no either way!
3. Do you own a gun? I don't, Husband does, and I guess my son want's to start hunting.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic? Sonic?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No
6. What do you think of hot dogs? They are ok for a quick meal
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Rudolph of course!!!
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Orange Juice
9. Can you do push ups? Hell to the no!
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my wedding ring
12. Favorite hobby? I really don't have a hobby, I guess bingo?
14. Do you have A.D.D.? no
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself ? having to be in charge
16. Middle name? Jean...(from my grandmother)
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment... 1. Work 2. bills 3. need a vacation
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? did not buy anything!
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? water, pop, ice tea
20. Current worry? bills
21. Hate right now? I hate worrying about bills...lol
22. Favorite place to be? home with the kids
23. How did you bring in the New Year? with friends
24. Where would you like to go? Florida, Universal Studios!
25. Name three people who will complete this? anyone that want's to
26. Do you own slippers? Yes
27. What shirt are you wearing? blue striped shirt
28. What year would you go back in time to? 1986...me and my first car!!! that was the most fun in my life!
29. Can you whistle? yes, regular and with 2 fingers or 4 fingers
30. Favorite color? black
31. Would you be a pirate? no
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? whatever is playing on the radio
33. Favorite girl's name? omg...so many, Amber, tiffany, savannah, Sela,
34. Favorite boy's name? again, so many, Darin, Kyle, Leland, Levi,
35. What's in your pocket right now? not wearing any
36. Last thing that made you laugh? A joke I got in an email
37. Best Halloween costume? It was the Queen of hearts that I made by myself with cardboard, I got lots of compliments and because I made it myself it was special.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Torn all my ligaments in my left arm
39. Do you love where you live? Yes
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 4, 3 of which i use.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Jackie
42. How many dogs do you have? 2, Torro and Hershey, sadly Mini is gone
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Don't think so....I'm married so it really don't matter if they did.
45. What is your favorite book's)? I love informational books.
46. What is your favorite candy? snickers!!!
47. Favorite Sports Team? Red Wings
48. What is your favorite meal? I've answered this so many times...my mom's stuffed cabbage!
49. What were you doing at 12AM? Sleeping!
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Do I have to get up!!!!