Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pish-Posh

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mine was pretty good even tho i worked. My son Darin took his money from his allowance and purchased me a couple of roses from 7/11. I thought that was the nicest thing that he could do for me. My daughter Amber picked some lilac's from my mothers tree in the backyard and put them in a plastic cup and gave them to me. When she gave them to me she said "I know you like these flowers mommy". I really do love those flowers, they make everything smell so nice. My living room smelled like lilacs for days.
Since I had to work on Mother's Day my dad treated the whole family to a family picnic at our favorite state park. You can read about it here. My mom has posted pictures of the picnic on her site.
_______________
The kids are going on so many field trips in this last month it's amazing. Darin came home one day with 3 field trips totally $47.00 dollars. Ouch! Amber had 4 field trips that did not cost me a dime?! I like those field trips..lol

Amber had a science fair at her school, she chose to do an experiment. Her experiment delt with making a rainbow in a glass. She had to mix certain amounts of sugar with water and die. They had a special night for parents to come and see all the projects. There was alot of talented kids, I was impressed with the batteries and light bulb experiment. Amber got a ribbon for participating which was nice, we could have done better but my heart was not into helping with such a project.
Darin has his honor's night on Monday. I am so hoping that he gets some type of plaque for being on the honor roll for all 4 semesters. He's excited about practicing how to walk and accept his honor's.
___________________

Work for me has been a roller coaster. I found out on Monday that i will be only working 3 days a week. Luckily a lady that works for us is sharing some of her hours with me. But that's not going to last. I really have to find a part time job somewhere to make up the difference. It's not easy! I'm glad that the kids are old enough to be left alone for an hour if i need them to.

Frank still enjoys his job! He just had the day off for his birthday paid. Not bad for just starting. What i love is that its 40 hours! He's mostly driving and delivering cleaning supplies and packaging products to different companies. If he's not doing that he's cleaning up the warehouse and helping carrying products for the customers.
__________________