Over at Stacie's Madness she has a beautiful story about her memories of her grandparent's and Thanksgiving. I don't have any wonderful memories like that.
I do LOVE going to my mother's every Thanksgiving and enjoy stuffing my face. I am grateful for what she does to put together such a delicous meal. I do my fair share by coming over on Wednesday and help with alot of the prep so it makes the day a little easier for her. I do appreciate that she has us all over, since I am usually the only person that has to work on a freakin holiday. LOVE IT, NOT!
Anyhoo.....since no major story is coming to mind about Thanksgiving I thought I would list some things that I am Thankful for.
1. My husband, he is a wonderful man. He is good to me and he is good to his children.
2. My children, God Bless them...Darin is so funny, and kind. Amber is beautiful and I love her spirit.
3. My house, as of November 22 we have lived here for 10 years!
4. My job, it's not the most glamorous of jobs..but thank God i am working!
5. I'm thankful for still being alive. (the heart attack 5 years ago might have made things different today)
6. I'm thankful that Frank recovered from his stroke so that he is able to work.
7. I'm thankful to be going back to church.
8. I thank my lucky stars that my children are doing pretty good in school.
9. Friends, I have very few...I like it like that ...but those i have are very special to me.
10. Thankful for my mother.....there was too many times where i thought i was going to lose her and I cannot bare the thought of that.
11. Thankful for my father, my kids adore him...and I love him!
12. Thankful for my blog friends....there have been many of times you guys have cheered me up when i was down.
I just now thought of a happy memory of Thanksgiving and that is taking the children downtown to see the parade in person. They would get so excited to see the clowns and catch mardi graw beads and candy. Yelling at the balloon handlers to spin the huge balloons. Dancing to the bands, and waving hello to Santa! When they were younger it was worth sitting in the freezing cold.
As you can see I am thankful for quite a bit. I hope that you all have a wonderul holiday...Eat lots of turkey and sleep!