Friday, January 30, 2009
SIGNS OF MICHIGAN WEATHER/AND RANDOM THOUGHTS
The side of my house towards the rear of the house...These are hanging everywhere..Darin gets excited to pull them off...just to see if he can keep them intact.
Going to the backyard..the puppies have a kinda path going to the back because the snow is so deep.
front yard...yeh i get the bright idea to take pictures in the dark..I thought it would look cooler.
Just to show you how deep it is so far, and guess what, there is more coming. I honestly have not seen this much snow since i was a kid in the 1970's and early 1980's. Our winters here have been really weird. For the longest time the minute that we got any good snow storm it would rain and take it all away...I don't think that i have seen grass the whole month of January!
I have not been posting so much lately because you know how it is when you get in a funk...i'm trying to get out of it....
Thank God January is on it's way out.
more things to list
1. We finally (after a year) recieved the bill for Frank's hospital stay...our deductible part that we are responsible for. A whopping $2411.60! Yep, i flipped...then did the logical thing...went to work(cause that is where the bill came from) and worked out a payment plan.
2. Amber brought home 2 D's on her report card/ had to pull her off the Washington trip....But that just gives us more money towards the Florida trip tht I am planning.
3. Kids went to the dentist...Amber was told that she was cleaning her teeth pretty well..it's been 5 years since the last time they were at the dentist. The lady said she barely had to do anything to her teeth, she has 4 small cavities and 2 baby teeth need to come out.
4. Darin's teeth got the opposite! His were bad...so bad they prescribed him Flouride toothpaste. And according to my husband, Darin has about 7 to 8 cavities...I am going to call the dentist and find out for sure what needs to be done..Husband's are useless to get important information out of....lol..
Well I think that is about it on the bad luck train
One more thing i have to tell you, Both my kids at different times said they could swear that they saw "Mini" walking the hallway the other night, it sure is comforting to know she is still watching over us.
Now for something a bit fun...thanks to Stacy over at Order of Disarray
1. What is your occupation right now? Food Service Worker at a hospital
2. What color are your socks right now? white with a pink ring
3. What are you listening to right now? The refrigerator hum
4. What was the last thing that you ate? a bowl or sugar smacks
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yep, my best friend Barb taught me.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my mom
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I stole it from Stacy, I like her, and her talent!
8. How old are you today?38
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? None...I could care less about sports.
10. What is your favorite drink? Strawberry Daquiri's!
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yep, just recently and that's another dissappointment for January, I bought the wrong color! Oh well always a next time. Actually it's my natural color but I like it a little lighter than my natural.
12. Favorite food? Mom's stuffed cabbage.
13. What is the last movie you watch on Tv? Flashpoint
14. Favorite day of the year? June 8th! My birthday!
15. How do you vent anger?I rarely get angry, but usually vent on here or to my husband or my mom
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Must have been my barbies..I played with those till i was 15 years old.
17. What is your favorite season? Spring, and Fall not too hot and not too cold.
18. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries, I was eating them left and right last summer.
19. Living arrangements? In a house with my husband and 2 kids, 2 dogs (one spirit), 2 turtles, fish, guinea pig.
20. When was the last time you cried? Not sure.
21. What is on the floor of your closet?everything somehow gets tossed into my closet! I am going to make a plan to clean that thing out...just as soon has i have a day off and feel like it..lol
22. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? My friend Barb, we have been friends for 23 years or more..But i am not sending this to anyone.
23. What did you do last night? worked! folded laundry and went to bed.
24. What are you most afraid of? Losing the house
25. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?Yes please
26. Favorite dog breed? Great Pyrenees
27. Favorite day of the week? Whatever is my day off!
28. How many states have you lived in? Only ever lived in Michigan
29. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds are always a girls best friend!
30. What is your favorite flower? I love the smell of Lilacs!
Ya'll have a great weekend!