Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some good news






I visited mom in the hospital and she is doing well. Not in much pain other than all the needles she is getting from blood draws and insulin shots.






I saw the doctor today and he told me she had one nasty infection and that he wanted one more day of IV antibiotics, so maybe tomorrow she will be home. Buttttttt she will have a nurse coming everyday to check her wound and change her bandages at home. She is very happy with that decision, she doesn't like staying in the hospital.



______________________________






In other news....Today was my day off and I did absolutely nothing but cook dinner. We had ham and baked potatoes and corn, the kids were happy to eat a decent meal.






After dinner I dyed miss Amber's hair, first I dyed it all black which is better than having the red that fades to a brown after awhile. Then I thought some purple highlights would be cool but it did not take to well...what a bummer. So she just has to settle for black with "some" purple highlights...I apologized, and said I'm no cosmetologist. Amber does not seem to upset about it. I tried.




















Life will go on...and who knows I may try again. but for now I am ok with it.

8 comments:

**Liz** said...

Hope your mom is okay.

Her hair looks interesting. Oh to be a teenager again LOL

FoxyMoron said...

I think the hair looks great Caroline, sometimes subtle is good, the purple will show up in the sunlight I bet (if you have much of that this time of year!)
Good news about your mum too.

Anonymous said...

Good news about your mom -

And hey...at least THIS didn't happen to Amber's hair! Black is good.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

[[[hugs]]] for your mum's enforced stay in hospital, and hopefully the doctor gives her the all-clear to come home again today.

Amber's hair actually looks really good... I like the deep purple highlights!

SaV said...

Next time aim for PINK highlights!!!! :)

Michelle said...

I love to color my hair - her's looks great! Hope the good news keeps coming!

Anonymous said...

Caroline. I hope that the Mom is on the mend. It is not fun in a hospital at all.

Reading about Amber's hair reminded me of the time my eldest son had our beautician use purple cellophane to color his hair.

I will be back again.

Mojo said...

I hope your mother gets much better quickly-- glad she gets to come home and doesn't have a lengthy hospital stay. Amber's lack of a smile in the Xmas pics actually gave me the giggles. My daughter was like that much of the time in 2007.