Thursday, September 13, 2007

A THURSDAY AT MY HOUSE

My job's are going great. But the more i work at the hospital, the more i hate working for Blockbuster. The stress to get the sales there are just killing me. What do they expect when most of the people working there are only getting an average of 10 to at most 20 hours a week. My job there seems 3 times as hard as ever. Today i did about a million things and time dragged like no other. I stocked the pop and candy to the hilt today because it seems that no managers that are working the night shift think that this is part of their job or to deligate this job to any crew members because it must be a sin. I am not kidding when i say i emptied about 70 boxes of candy out of our storage room. I felt like i worked on this what seemed like eternity, but ended up only being 3 hours. Then i cleaned up the backroom emptying more boxes, since i was back there i decided that the bathroom could use a good cleaning. Well since i cleaned the bathroom i guess i better mop the floors, so now i am sweeping and mopping and pulling out all kinds of garbage.

Time just never moved, the more i did the more i found myself finding other things to do. It was like yesterday at home, I was doing laundry when i started to see things that needed to get done in the laundry room. Like dusting the tops of the hot water tank and the furnace. Washing the washing machine and dryer, and the front of the furnace. I'm really starting to get anal with keeping things neat and clean. I have the worst habit of hopping out of bed and starting right away with cleaning things. Before i leave the house things have to be a certain way or it bugs me to no end. Do you think i might be a little OCD? Even when i say i am not going to clean this or that, in my mind it's tearing me up, because i know it's not done, so i get up and do it. Geez i need help..lol

Anyhooo...yesterday Darin woke up for school, got dressed, ate his breakfast, and sometimes he will lay back down till we have to leave for school. Well when i woke him back up he said "mom i don't feel very well, my stomach hurts" of course i am thinking "yeh right, already starting with wanting to stay home" of course i said "no fever, no throwing up, your going to school" they know my rules! NOOOOOO sooner than i said that he said mommmmmmm and runs to the bathroom and projectile vomiting everywhere. It came out of him like a volcanoe! Then after the vomiting he sits for a minute and says " mommmmmm, my throat is hurting really bad" so i start to look for a fricken flashlight that works, because i am thinking if it's an infection it will be red in his throat and if that's the case i have to bring him today because on Friday i am practically working 12 hours and i can't go then or he will suffer the weekend with an inflamed throat....so when i saw pink in the throat i call the doctors....rush him over there to find out he has strep! NICE!

Come home to pick up my daughter from school only to find out that some boy at school is threatening to beat her up. She is taking apropriate actions with talking to the vice principal about it in the morning. Does anyone disagree with me when i tell my daughter if someone throws the first punch at her, she needs to defend herself even if it means she might get suspended? I will only get mad if i find out she was the bully and started it. Anyways, this now becomes a huge fight between my daughter and I and i'm ready to shove a sock in her mouth..lol
I think it has alot to do with how tired i am, how tired she is because Amber has not regulated her bed time with school yet. And we both are really close to starting...she gets emotional a week before she starts and I get "pissy" (everyone and everything bugs the crap out of me. )

Well anyway, I hope that the vice principal can do something with the punk little boy that thinks threatening girls with violence is the right thing to do.
Well now that i am officially exhausted and you know i am because i am rambling on and on.
gnight

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

wow... the joys of working at a place like Blockbuster, where it sure sounds like 'no-one else gives a $#it'! Bugger! :(

Wow... sorry to hear about Darin's strep throat. Nasty! :( Poor bloke! :(

If she's getting picked on, she's doing the right thing by gong to the DP. If she is the cause of it, then yes, as tough as it sounds, she needs to be held accountable for her actions. Tough situation. Hope it pans out OK for you all.

And remember to get some sleep from time to time too! heh heh

Thanx heaps for dropping by my blog too.

Cyalayta
Mal :)