Wednesday, October 21, 2009

R. I. P.


My husband's mother Ann passed away this morning around 2 a.m. We did not know if we were going to be able to send Frank out to Vermont to pay last respects. But Frank's boss is going to pay for Frank's airline ticket to go and see the family.

Frank's brother called us at about 6 in the morning and i knew the news was not going to be good. Can't believe it happened so fast...we just talked to her on the 10th and she informed us that she had stopped all treatment of lung cancer. She told Frank that she had 2 months to a year...who knew 11 days later I am making arrangements for him to go to her funeral.

Sad, Sad Day!

6 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I'm so sorry for your sad news. My most sincere condolences.

FoxyMoron said...

Sorry for your loss Caroline. Thinking of you all.

Unknown said...

:( sorry to hear this.

Jen said...

I'm glad he'll get to go out there, and expenses-paid, too. She'll live on in your memories ;-)

momma/mary said...

Please accept our condolences. Now she feels no pain and Frank will be comforted by being there.

SaV said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Caroline. :(