Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Life

There are some days that i have so much to do that i'm never bored. Lately my dad has been out of work, so there is no need for me to be over there everyday. I had been doing it for so long that i really don't know what to do with myself. I have been trying to find a part time job to help with the boredom, but with no success. I am only able to work Monday thru Friday during the day there are not many jobs out there for that. I have to leave my weekends open for my priority job.

Darin came back from his trip on Friday around 1 in the morning. Poor boy was so tired from going to bed late and waking up at the butt crack of dawn every morning that he kinda passed out. But to be woke up at 5 in the morning to help take the dogs to the shot fair and get their yearly shots. He slept in the car while we waited in line. The poor dogs were sore for 3 days, the first 2 they would not walk, go outside to use the bathroom, eat or anything. They are doing much better now.

He told us that there was alot to see. He complained of his legs hurting from walking too much. His favorites were the changing of the guard and how they walked perfectly at the Arlington cemetary. He also loved the Lincoln statue. He said he also got to play a soldier at Gettysburg and recreate how they charged during the war. He said the boys took turns on the beds at the hotel. One slept on a couch, another slept on the floor and then they switched each day. All and all i think he enjoyed himself and it was worth the money. He came home with 3 disposable camera's for me to develop, i'm anxious to see what pictures he took.

While he was gone we took Amber to the Warren Community pool, which turned out kinda fun. I had to stop at the Salvation Army to see if i could find a bathing suit for her. I did find a beautiful one, a brand new one, but when she tried it on she could not get it past her "J-LO" butt. So before the pool i took her with me for sizing and can you believe the bathing suit that i had looked at before and thought "that looks too big for her" actually was the one that was a perfect fit! I got really lucky that this bathing suit had never been worn also. Sometimes you really can find some good stuff for cheap there. Anyways we went to the pool and because they were having a excercise classs at the time we snuck her in the hot tub with us. We enjoyed ourselves for a little while there.

My doctor was kind enough to help me with some of my pills until my husband's insurance kicks in. That was a relieve on my part, because alot of my pills without insurance are 100.00 to 200.00 dollars a piece.

Well i have to get ready to pick up my kids, cook dinner, homework and off to work i go.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Glad to hear Darin had a great time on his trip. I'm sure he will carry those memories for the rest of his life. Hope you have the photos by now.

Glad to hear your doctor is helping you out with some of your pills. Medicine is just ridiculous. Why is it we pay like 4 times the amount for the same medications that Canadians get for 1/4 of the price? Makes no sense to me.

Hope your hubby is still enjoying his job.