Monday, August 13, 2007

Still hoping for that job!

I went on that interview on Friday and on Monday my boss told me that the hospital called checking on my references. I asked her what they had asked and what she had said, but unfornately all she could tell them was that i was an employee there and that i have been with the company for 5 years and what position i held. I feel as long as you have something good to say about that person it should be said. But according to "blockbuster policy" that's all she was allowed to say. To say the least that discouraged me a bit, until i got a phone call from the hospital asking me for the phone number of my other employer(i did not have it at the time i went for my interview, and i could not remember a number from almost 6 years past). I talked to a St. John's worker and I told her that i was trying to get into the hospital and she said that you have to know someone to get in there. But after i told her that they were checking my references she said that it was looking good for me.

So it's sounds very promising and i am still praying that i get this job. Speaking of praying, A week ago i visited the kids Nanny and my long time friend that took me to church when i was a little girl, she invited us to church again. It's really close to my home and Amber really showed an interest to go(She has never been in a church before). Not that we don't believe in God or anything, just my crazy fast paced life and work schedule has just been hectic! But if Amber really wants to go, i will either go with her or drop her off on Sunday mornings. It will be good for her, plus she can spend time with the lady that raised her for almost 3 years. On Sunday Amber and I went to church, her for the first time in her life and for me it has been 13 years since i went to some kind of service. The last was my wedding day.

A blast from the past came into me. People that i had changed diapers on, were there with their babies. It was great, many people remembered me, and welcomed me back. The preacher that married Frank and I was glad to see me and see my child, I really wish they could have seen my husband and my son. I am not going to force them to go, but if they ever want to, we will go as a family.

_________________________
My poor dog, she went to the vets to get all the stitches and staples taken out and ended up with fresh staples on the side and was told to wait another week. We took her all the way to my mothers house and as soon as she got out of the car i noticed that her leg did not look right. Her incision on her leg had popped open and i could see her leg bone and muscles and everything. GROSS! I had to put her back in the car and drive all the way back for them to re-staple her leg. So now she has another 2 weeks of antibiotics and and has to go back and get them removed. She has started to lick on them and even removed a few, so i went and got some self adhesive tape to wrap around the sores so that she don't pull the rest out.

Well my kid is bothering me to get off so he can get on here and play a game...
take care all
and if you can, a small prayer for me to get that job. Thanks

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Fingers crossed for you work-wise. I know the feeling... I haven't been able to have a proper job for about 5 years now...
Thanks again for your blog, and apologies for my absences! Reconecting with people after yearand years is kinda bizarre but nice, isn't it?
PS. I bet Amber's just going to church for the boys! [nudge nudge!] heh heh

Cyalayta
Mal :)