Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am still alive

I am totally tired! All i do lately is clean house, work and for fun i run to the grocery store...That's my life in a nutshell the past 2 weeks.

I week ago i finished a 10 day work week and had one day off and i am currently working on a 15 day work week then one day off and then it looks like another 15 or so days is in my future. My job seems to be doing some sort of sweep of getting rid of some people. They deserve it...don't get me wrong. They had been warned and still insisted on doing what they were doing so BYE!
I got some good news this week, I am officially hired into my hospital. Now i can recieve benefits...that means i will start earning paid vacations!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not had one for at least 3 years. Most importantly dental insurance and vision insurance...my husband does not get this where he is.

I try to sneak in some fun time in there...my mom posted pics on a concert we attended on Sunday. They played alot of our favorite music and my daughter was even suprised that they were playing songs that she even knew. She was excited to get a free t-shirt!

Not much going on here like i said...hopefully i will have something worth while to report about. But for now this is going to have to do.

3 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I'm so glad you've been made a permanent at the hospital! Yay!

Stay safe and well, wherever or whatever you find yourself doing. [[[hugs]]]

Cyalayta
Mal :)

MrsDoF said...

Congrats on the Employed with Benefits status. You've earned your way into the system.

It's a crime in this country the way that a job situation declares whether a family can receive proper medical care.

I remember when half my paycheck went towards family health insurance. And I wasn't even paying for daycare by then.

Don't work too many days in a row, though. There are labor laws to say a body needs time to rest.

MrsDoF

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you checked in. Miss you when you are gone.

You have been working so much! I hope you get a vacation soon. I am glad you went to the concet though, that sounded like fun.

Congrats. On the hosptial upgrade. Your deserve it. It was overdo.

XXXX