Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Back, DAY 1

Well so much to talk about on the trip. I guess I will start with day 1.

Last Saturday we all woke up around 5am. We did all of the last minute packing, ie toothbrushes, hairbrushes, deodorant and tossed all the suitcases into the bag that we borrowed to go put in the back of the pick-up.

Have I mentioned how much i hate mornings! lol

Anyhoo, we drove to the Blue Water bridge in Port Huron and crossed over to Canada without any problems. Drove the 4 hours to get to Niagra Falls. I love the falls, so much to look at and the the views are just so breath taking.

First thing we did was head over to the Burger King to get a bite to eat since we all chose to skip breakfast and make our first destination. We arrived around 10:30ish.




This Burger King was attached to a haunted house hense the Frankenstein eating a whopper.

So after all of our belly's were full we heading right across the street to Ripley's Believe it or Not!
I totally recommend it! So much to see and do






Back end of the building










front end




Frank, Darin and Amber waiting in line.








I took alot of pictures inside but I won't bore you all with those right now. I'm sure i will use some in future.
After Ripley's we walked down to the falls.



Horseshoe falls

Canadian side









New York falls













Amber by the horseshoe falls






Amber, Me and Darin in between the 2 falls.














After checking out the falls on the outside we went behind the falls!
Frank in the tunnel
Darin and Amber in the tunnel
one of the portholes behind the falls. wish you could hear the thundering water. It is breath taking.
Darin and Amber in the porthole...yeh, the picture is dark.
picture of the tunnel behind the falls.
So after all of that, we headed back to our car and it was about 5:00pm ish...(yes i like using ish alot, lol) We got back on the road and crossed the canadian bridge to New York without any problems. Started our long drive thru New York and stopped a couple times, pee breaks and a dinner break, around 9:30pm (ish) we looked for a hotel and ended up somewhere in (Castonova?) New York on the thruway, we found a Days Inn and got a great room, relaxed and watched a little T.V. and went to bed. It was a good thing because about then I could barely see I was so tired!
Well this was the first day, I will write more later.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip!
I just realized something.....Amber looks like my boyfriend's cousin, Mandy. Like, straight-up. They could be twins. I'd love to do the Niagra Falls thing, but I guess I'll settle for the Gulf of Mexico.

Being from Michigan, I never really appreciated the Great Lakes as much as I do when I'm living outside of that state.

FoxyMoron said...

FINALLY! I was waiting to hear about your trip. Love those falls. But why didn't you take me???? ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You were missed! You stayed so close to my house, it makes me sad. You all could have stayed here or at the very least we could have met for breakfast or lunch! I would have loved that.
The pictures are great! I'm glad Day One was so much fun and so much was done.
XXXX

♥Caroline♥ said...

Jen-thank you, they say you have a twin somewhere. If you get to the falls you won't regret it!
I missed michigan right around day 3. I really am a homebody..but had to get away from things for a little while.

Foxy-you didn't get my invite? lol ummm maybe next time then..:)

Cheryl-I knew you were somewhere in New York, I would have loved to have met you too. We were up and driving by 7:30 (ish). we still had another 5 hours to Vermont.

momma said...

Day one was indeed a full day for your family. I have never been to the falls so it was an interesting read. I'm looking forward to day two.

Karmyn R said...

I've never seen the Falls in person - would love to do that. I didn't know you could be in a tunnel underneath! How cool was that!!!

You are making me nervous though - you keep saying you got through the border without any trouble....is there some coming?

♥Caroline♥ said...

momma-The falls i recommend to everyone! It truly is magical! The first time i saw it 14 years ago for my honeymoon was the greatest thing ever!

Karmyn-it was way cool!!!
You are a smart lady Karmyn...you caught on! Wait until I talk about trying to get back into Michigan on Friday :)