Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ZOO


Here is my attemption to a nice day out. :)

Pretty bird! I would love to own one of these! They are beautiful and from what i have seen very smart!












I have never seen this bird before..Orange!! The name escapes me, but I thought how unusual!













This is in the reptile house. We took Amber's friend Lisa with us.













I turned around and saw this and almost had a panic attack. It scared me..lol












We sat here for awhile until the gentleman came and fixed my mom's wheelchair.












right in front of the camels just sitting around just like us.













This is the tube you go in to see the polar bears and seals. Ever have a polar bear sit on your head? lol










I'm thinking this pic should be on a zoo brochure.
Ya think?












This is the fountain towards the middle of the zoo. It's been here forever. My mom has pictures of it from when my dad and her were dating.











on each side of the fountain has these cute seals spitting water..

It was so windy these day that the water was spraying us...it felt good because it was in the 80's.







THis is where the deer and the antelope play ..lol












and where the buffalo roam.















These are the most beautiful birds!

It didn't even mind getting rained on.









It was a descent day. I wished the rain would have held off a little longer. We would have spent alot longer and really looked at everything.

6 comments:

momma said...

Seeing your pictures made me want to drive down and visit the zoo myself. I glad you guys had a good day!

Karmyn R said...

Are those reddish birds called IBIS?

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Good family memories for you all. Excellent :)

FoxyMoron said...

I LOVE seals, they are my favourite animal I think, and at the Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, they have a similar tank where you can watch them underwater through the glass, it's awesome.

Those birds look like flamingos that have eaten too many carrots.

♥Caroline♥ said...

momma-besides the rain it was very nice.

Karmyn..i so forget-my mother might remember...i will check

mal-I am going to remember the good and not dwell on the bad.

Foxy-seals are very interesting.
lol about the carrot eating flamingos. I will find out..

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! It makes me want to go, although that snake would have done me in.

You do make such great memories for your family. That is so wonderful.

I have to catch up on your posts. My computer has been crashing, every time I get to a blog. Right now, I am using Hannah's computer. I have to steal it when she is sleeping.

Have a great weekend.
XXXXXX