Saturday, August 27, 2005

Lots to do

Today I had to wake up early to take my son to his new school and pick up his schedule. It was interesting and we took the time to walk the halls and see if we can find his classes to ease on his stress about starting junior high. Glad we did it because i don't think my son would have looked down one of the hallways for one class.

Everything is pretty much what I thought it would be. His elective for the starting of the year is Tech education. From what i was told it could be that he works on computers, wood, whatever. Not too sure...i was told it was like a shop class.

The other question i had with it was learning power, that's basically where he will be reading and writing alot. The rest of the schedule was normal, math, social studies, blah, blah, blah.

Darin asked when was recess?,,,,Awww poor guy. I basically told him to say goodbye to that idea. He just gave me the "oh mannnnnnnnn!!!!!!" He's already told me that he hates growing up..lol

Well after the school I took my son out to lunch, we were a bit hungry because we had to rush out this morning. While we were eating he looked at me and said "this is cool mom", I asked "what's cool?" He said "me and you out to lunch". Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside eh?

So then off to my Aunt's, where i do a little cleaning for her and sit and chit chat about olden days and catch her up to speed in my life, with my daughter becoming a woman and Darin's schedule and yadda yadda yadda.

Then it was pick up my prescriptions, and grocery shopping and then cook dinner.
After all that it was time to enjoy a movie...which brings me to my next topic :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Movies

"Sahara" was pretty good. I think it dragged a bit, but Matthew Mcconaughey is a total Babe! I just love the way he smiles.

I watched "Monster-in-Law" and it is great. I love Jane Fonda! She is such a great actress! I wish she was in more movies. Loved her in "On Golden Pond" and "Agnes of god". She was great in Monster-In-Law, and Jennifer Lopez was pretty good. '

____________________________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow is a day of rest, then clean up the house a bit and then get ready for a night out at a wedding. My best friends brother is finally getting married! And because i am so much a part of their family i have been invited :)

Well gnight all

No comments: