Monday, November 01, 2004

Friends

I just got done talking to my best friend Barb, she is more than a best friend she is more like a sister to me. I miss her alot! She moved a few months ago 3 hrs away, i know that it isn't that far but to me it feels like its forever away. I used to be able to drive over in 10 minutes to go do this, that or the other thing...whenever we need to get away from kids, husbands or whatever, we would just call one another and go on a girls night out and just get away. I miss that with all my heart. Barb has always been there for me, we started off as classmates in jr. high we had the same typing class. We did not however become friends till high school, we were very close and did alot of the rebellious things that teenage girls do. It got magnified with the presense of my first car! Skipping school to go to a place called butterfly suite (a arcade) and sneeking around to different houses to drink during lunch. Those were the days! Alot of fun times were had back when we were 16. It's going on 18 years of knowing Barb and we've only had one big fight that ended our relationship...to this day i don't even know what the fight was about...and neither does she...but i think that it was the fact that she had a boyfriend at the time and me and another mutual friend did not have boyfriends...she wanted to spend all of her time with him...sounds petty now...but then it was a big deal! I'm not sure if that was it...but who cares now! Barb and i have been there for each other throughout the years...during her pregnancy's her weddings...1st and 2nd to the same man. And she for me during mine. We have been there for each other thru thick and thin...and i think that we will always be there. I always introduced her as my adopted sister. We have the relationship that i wished that i had with my real sister...but sadly that is not the case...

My family has excepted Barb as a sister to me...and hers with me!!!!! They know that we are special special friends and that i would do anything that was in reach to help her.

Now it sounds like that Barb has been my only friend...but that is not the case...I have been blessed with many friends in my life...some of which were boys....I had a really great "boy that was a friend" by the name of Gary....Gary was a great boy that grew up to be a special man. And i am honored that we still chat today. Whether it is by email or instant messanger from time to time...I miss him!!! Gary i have known longer than i have known Barb...Gary and i went to elementary school together. He was a friend of another friend of mine by the name of Charlie...that's how we met... Gary and i stayed really close throughout the years and it did not take long to figure out that i had a crush on him during high school....but we both figured out that it would not be a good idea for nothing to come of it, we would have ruined a great friendship!
I treasure that...Even after fighting with one of his old girlfriends, he did not leave my side and that was the only thing that i worried about after the fight. That he would never talk to me again. Thank God that was not so. He grew up and started working for a hospital and he made a really good life for himself in Illinois. He married and had the cutest little girl named Sophia.

I also have another "boy that is a friend" by the name of Dave I don't remember exactly how that we became friends but i am really sure that it came about thru Gary....We still have contact with eachother thru the computer even after he moved to tennessee... He is really into computers and he is who i turn to when i have problems with mine...or trying to figure out how something works. He always had a computer i can remember him having a computer in his bedroom before i even knew what a computer could do. He is a sweetheart of a guy that me and my gal pals would love to tease and shock him with different things that teenagers did back then.. He was always a great sport about those things... He has given me alot of good advice throughout the years and i am honored to be his friend and i hope that we will always be friends.

I also had a girlfiend named Jeanette back in the day....between me and Barb and Jeanette we were pistols! Always never in school, I would take them to school and i would say i am going back home to bed...they would say if your not going ...i'm not going...so instead of going to bed we would always scronge for money to go to the butterfly suite. At one point in time she was kicked out of her house for some reason and my mother and father gave her a break and let her move into out house...it was great for awhile and we were really close...we both had boyfriends and would go out alot with them. We stayed in touch for awhile but sadly we lost touch! i miss her...she was always very hyper...the last i heard she had alot of medical problems and God i hope that all is well with her today...I hope that we can someday regain that friendship back!

I've been thru alot in my life and the one thing that i can honestly say is that i always had and have great friends that i can depend on! Most of which have never let me down....
and on that note i will leave this...hoping that my friendship means as much to them as theirs means to me!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

gammamoma said...

A friend in need is a friend Indeed.
Always cherish your friends, and they will be friends forever. You are so lucky to have them.
As for the things you did, well.......guess that's memories you'll always remember, and hopefully learned something from them.

Anonymous said...

I was so judgemental in High School I'm surprised you all even hung out with me. I remember the ONLY times I ever skipped I went to Butterfly Suite. Its ironic about Barb, because I remember my friend Carl had a girlfriend at about the same time and it was the same problem. Its a big adjustment at that age. I'm a little sad in retrospect that I never was involved in any of this substance abuse you all had going on, but that's life. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Friends are good and i m pretty sure that that is the real meaning of life. To have friends and people tou care about and just to have as much fun as you possibly can. Write that down
PDA

Mallard said...

I'd be sunk without my friends. I have at least four 'lady' friends who are great support people for me, and there's no need to even think romance - the friendship has always been the key. One was in the same Primary School class as me back in 1976, and about 2 years ago we reconnected again - after 26 years! We still keep in reegular touch and care and share for each other as we can via email etc.
You sound like your support network is strong. Treasure it.
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like maybee your dad is trying to make up for a balnce in scales,maybee his intentions are to make it up to the one who missed out in life,and you should figuire your part in her loses that led to this resolve,and your mom is right about you so listen to your parents tough love and deal with your role that put you in this place,maybee they missed out of so much that you played a part in,like maybee you should of been there to support your sisters needs as a sister and keep her family togeather instead of feeding her marriage to the wolves ,then maybee it would be a way she would still have her home she lost,think if someone is on fixed income you dont have to mess up much and you lose everything,did you do everything in your heart to keep them togeather,or help in seperating them,your sister is lucky she is still a family did you ever thimk of that also,and most likley what goes around comes around and you may find yourself asking the same thing you gave,maybee you dont see with fair eyes as your father,sounds to me your parents love her and your counting,havent you a heart,dont try to seperate your sisters marriage and count your other familys money,she must not have the same resource,so dont hog what god puts in your dads heart,it sounds like history repetes and this is not the first or last,how many times did you receive money from the family and help and side jobs and all the dinners ect... and her family had zip 0 none,,,,god knows god counts god makes it just,amen hallaloula
so peace be with you and get right with your sister,she was created by god and you will love her as god wills,or be judged by that same ,god wants ok,life is short

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like maybee your dad is trying to make up for a balnce in scales,maybee his intentions are to make it up to the one who missed out in life,and you should figuire your part in her loses that led to this resolve,and your mom is right about you so listen to your parents tough love and deal with your role that put you in this place,maybee they missed out of so much that you played a part in,like maybee you should of been there to support your sisters needs as a sister and keep her family togeather instead of feeding her marriage to the wolves ,then maybee it would be a way she would still have her home she lost,think if someone is on fixed income you dont have to mess up much and you lose everything,did you do everything in your heart to keep them togeather,or help in seperating them,your sister is lucky she is still a family did you ever thimk of that also,and most likley what goes around comes around and you may find yourself asking the same thing you gave,maybee you dont see with fair eyes as your father,sounds to me your parents love her and your counting,havent you a heart,dont try to seperate your sisters marriage and count your other familys money,she must not have the same resource,so dont hog what god puts in your dads heart,it sounds like history repetes and this is not the first or last,how many times did you receive money from the family and help and side jobs and all the dinners ect... and her family had zip 0 none,,,,god knows god counts god makes it just,amen hallaloula
so peace be with you and get right with your sister,she was created by god and you will love her as god wills,or be judged by that same ,god wants ok,life is short